Can Medibank cure Christmas loneliness with VR?
Research shows Christmas can be the loneliest time of year for some, particularly if you’re in hospital. So, we worked with clinical neuropsychologists and VR specialists to create ‘Medibank Joy’ - an immersive VR experience designed to help patients feel connected through the power of storytelling.
To bring Joy to the world we rolled out a PR, content and social campaign leading up to Christmas. This included a hero video featuring real patients immersed in the magic of Joy for the first time.
Our campaign was supported by a paid media strategy focused almost entirely on social media - recognising where people spend their time online during the holiday season.
- 312 pieces of earned media coverage
- 12 million Australians reached
- $1 million resulting PR value
- 5 million reached by owned and paid content
- 1 million watched the hero video
- 84.7% positive campaign coverage
- 7.2 points increase in Medibank’s brand favourability
Categories: Strategy, Ecommerce, User Experience, Design, iOS
B.B.E has been our catalyst for change. They've turned us into a content marketing business.
Medibank, Head of Creative Services, Content Marketing and Social Media